Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Passive and Active Voice

This blog concerns revisions regarding active vs. passive voice in my essay.


"running-man-silhouette", freepik.com; Public Domain.



Active(specific): (none)?


Active (general):


used
came
told
live
reaches
let
test
touch
hold
walk
place
spent
find
provide
hit
advance

Passive:
is
should not
is
let
know
is
have
use
is
is
have



I'm being harsh on myself when I say I have no active(specific) verbs, but it's to be critical. My verbs are not vivid at all, and are overly-general.

Every single action above is something we all do every single day. You can't get a vivid idea of anyone doing these actions.

Improvement is as easy as evoking emotional appeal through five senses. If you can taste the object, if you can smell it, or if you can recall the event I'm describing like it was a vivid dream, the depiction is good.







No comments:

Post a Comment