Monday, April 18, 2016

Reflection on Global Revision

 This blog post concerns thoughts during global revision of my rough cut.

My greatest success is the fact that I was able to get everything into writing. Everything for the most part had just been floating around in the void, with no clear ideas of what is going on. Now that I have major pieces of writing, I can begin to nit-pick the details.

One of the most important things that I realized is that my main points contradicted themselves at some point. I talked about how it's important to consider the emotions of the San Bernardino families, but then I went on and said that we should keep the backdoor locked at all times, not really defending any point one way or another.

What I'm getting at is that my argument has no clear persuasion, just a few facts here and there from each side.

Next week will be just like this week, except on the local level. The devil is in the details, so inevitably, it will be harder. However, I'm ready for the challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment