Monday, April 11, 2016

Production Report 11b

  This post is the first portion of my body statement for my video essay. I chunked my body into a few parts, the exact number TBD.

Body Section 1:

Now that I have grabbed the reader's attention (see Production Report 11a), it is time to talk details. I am going to talk about what actually happened during the event. The focus of this body is explaining the FBI's justification for breaking into the phones - the unaccounted 18 minutes when the pair when missing, and possibly took refuge in a somebody's house.

Raw Content of Opening Section:
Although it seems like the FBI may be barging down the doors for no reason, that is quite the opposite. The movement of the perpetrators was triangulated, and, for the MOST part, officials were able to determine through street cameras, skid marks, witnesses, where their direction of travel was, what they were doing, and where the next logical sequence of events would take them next. In the hours that the event took place, there were 18 minutes that went completely unaccounted for.

If the FBI had access to these two phones used during the incident, then these 18 minutes that went unaccounted for would be explained. As a result, the FBI asked Apple for a backdoor in order to do so. Apple refused, rightly so. But then, FBI decided to override their denial. They went digging. A powerful statement that the FBI does NOT value the privacy of the body of the people at the expense of a few counts of criminal behavior (relatively to whole population).

Elements that I will include:
Video clips from the events surrounding the aftermath of the shooting will keep the reader invested emotionally, therefore allowing me to lay my main factual claims. I don't think that I will show any violence to respect the victims.

I am debating whether I should have a friend weigh in on the topic. By hearing a different person, it would break the monotony of a single voice, allowing the reader to engage even more so.

No comments:

Post a Comment