Monday, April 11, 2016

Production Report 11a

  This post is a report of my introductory statement for my video essay.

Introduction:

This lays the foundation of the whole San Bernardino topic, and how the FBI backdoor fits into the mix. This is the written portion of what I will be including. Epic music will be playing in the background - you will feel like you are part of my life story. I'm talking about my prior encounter with a life-threatening situation, and how, despite that, I support the right to privacy, and am strongly against the FBI seeing our inner thoughts and conversations.

Raw Content of Opening Section:
On December 2, 2015, a tragedy struck the nation. Two people, one man and one women, shot and killed over 14 people on sight, for motives that we are unclear of. In light of this, the FBI not only asked Apple for a key to break into their phones, but, instead, broke into the phone anyways, intentionally breaching Apple's security weaknesses, arguably unjustly. 

On April 1st, 2014, I experienced a situation where an armed gunman busted down my doors while I was playing video games. He held me at gunpoint, robbed me, then ran away. His motives were also unclear. Even though I would like to know what he was thinking or doing before breaking into my house, if that were proper justification for reaching into his privacy, then where do we draw the line?

Elements that I will include:
somber music playing in the background.... probably classical music, definitely in a minor key
video clip that shows the situation... sensational. Subtle? No. Effective? Yes.
bold colors for each of the video clips and slides characterize the matter... smooth transitions also to ensure that the medium does NOT distract the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment