Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

This post details what genre I'm using for project 1.


learnenglish247, "essay" 04/30/2015, Public Domain.


1. What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?

For this project, I will be doing the standard college essay. There are a lot of moving parts in this controversy regarding Mark Zuckerberg and his AI. There is a lot to discuss regarding the morality of using robots for personal gain, how robots learn differently from humans, and if there should be a code of ethics for treatment of robots should they eventually gain consciousness.

2. What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?

I plan on using primarily point and counterpoint argument in order to effectively introduce multiple viewpoints. For such a complex issue, it is crucial that the audience is given both viewpoints to understand the subject as a whole and motives for why the parties pertaining to the topic act in certain ways. If we can understand on a deep level what motivates people, it becomes clear why they do certain things.

3. How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?

The production phase is going to be rough, but nothing I can't handle. I've never had free roam to talk about something I've wanted to talk about in this kind of breadth, but intense pressure turns coal into diamonds. Time management isn't going to be a factor, and here's my reasoning: I'm passionate about my topic, so the essay will write itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment